This conference is organized by API to provide an opportunity to network with cybersecurity professionals, and to candidly share ideas and to discuss the challenges facing the industry. These sessions, essential to cybersecurity, are chosen and presented by recognized experts in the field.
The energy industry is under attack.
Learn how to fight back. Data from a 2012 Mandiant survey show that the energy industry, including oil and natural gas, is ranked 2nd highest of all industries most likely to suffer a cyber attack.
And it’s not just intellectual property hacks either. It’s ALL cyber incidents from ALL sources.
Join us at the 9th Annual API Cybersecurity Conference & Expo and discover methods for thwarting the bad guys, what the scene looks like over the horizon and how the latest technologies can help you counter cyber espionage, address cyber warfare, and make your cyber efforts secure.
The 2014 Program will include over 60 presentations in 3 tracks, including:
- State of Oil & Natural Gas Industry Threats
- Emerging Cyber Threats in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry
- CIO Panel Discussion
- Big Data & Security Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Espionage
- Cyber Warfare & Cyberspace Rules of Engagement
- Advanced Persistent Threats / Next Generation / Advanced Evasive Techniques
- Critical Infrastructure & Operational Technology Security
- Cyber Threat Intelligence & Information Sharing
- Oil & Natural Gas Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ONG-ISAC)
- Legislative / Regulatory Activities
- Data Privacy
- Application Security
- Information Protection Technologies / DRM / DLP
- Incident Response Management
- Information Protection Programs & Risk Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Endpoint Security
- Social Engineering - Panel Discussion
- Insider Threat
- CISO Panel Discussion
API is pleased to announce that John M. (Mike) McConnell, Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Executive Advisor and former Director of National Intelligence will deliver the opening keynote on Tuesday, November 11, 2014. His address will set the tone for our conference discussing not only the evolving threats that are targeting the energy industry, but also innovations that can help oil and gas companies survive and thrive in the face of complex challenges. While the attack surface is immense for oil and gas operations, new insights and approaches can help the industry better prevent and respond to cyber threats.
Celebrating our 9th year, the conference is expected to host more than 500 cybersecurity experts from the oil and gas industry, creating the opportunity to learn about the latest developments, share insights, and network with other cybersecurity professionals. This is the only conference designed specifically for oil & gas professionals, brought to you by API. API is the only national trade association that represents all aspects of America's oil and natural gas industry, which supports 9.8 million U.S. jobs and 8 percent of the U.S. economy. API's more than 600 members include large integrated companies, as well as exploration and production, refining, marketing, pipeline, and marine businesses, and service and supply firms. They provide most of the nation's energy and are backed by a growing grassroots movement of more than 20 million Americans.
A separate exhibition area will host companies from the cybersecurity industry.
Who Should Attend:
- IT Management
- IT Security Professionals
- Operational Technology/PCS/ICS/SCADA Professionals
- System Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Data Privacy Specialists
- Application Support Personnel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Operational Technology Auditors
- Compliance Officers
- Corporate Security Professionals
- Anyone interested in learning about state of the art security practices and their practical implementation as well as securing their enterprise and its core processes.