The Global Centre Finance delivers high quality services to European countries related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Record to Report processes. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS Finance Regional Centres, together developing the Global Shared Service Finance function for DNV GL.
We are seeking a Team Leader for Accounts Payable / Travel Expenses in the Global Centre GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
The role of the Team Leader Accounts Payable / Travel Expenses is to provide day to day operational support and management to the team of Accounts Payable (AP) and Travel Expenses (TE) Specialists and respond to financial function queries. This role will provide leadership, expertise and advice to the AP/TE team to enable them to deliver to a consistently high standard of key financial activities within the AP/TE function.
The AP/TE Team Leader will assist the AP/TE team with transactional activities during periods of high work volume.
- Provide leadership, expertise and guidance to the Accounts Payable and Travel Expenses Specialists to enable them to provide timely and accurate financial services and responses to queries;
- Oversee the Vendor Management processes, accruals, reconciliations, etc.;
- Lead and act as a quality controller across all aspects of AP/TE function to ensure consistency in policy application and advice / customer service provided;
- Recommend and undertake continuous system and process improvements to ensure quality service delivery to key stakeholders;
- Work closely with the Head of Section to set performance targets, team work plans, and mitigate identified risk areas;
- Ensure all required monthly processing is completed within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's);
- Provides oversight of payment runs including manual and urgent payments;
- Assists with day to day AP/TE transactions as required;
- Act as the contact point for engagement with the AP/TE function across the wider organization;
- Manage resource and work planning function and allocate tasks within the team accordingly;
- Managing Individual Performance (MIP) dialogue with the team members;
- University degree (Finance, Accounting or other relevant degree)
- Fluent English language skills
- 5+ years's work experience
- 3+ years's work experience in shared service centre environment (Accounts Payable experience a plus)
- 2+ years's previous experience managing / overseeing a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Oracle (desirable) or any other ERP system;
- Technically proficient in accounting and book keeping principles and practices and understands legislative compliance;
- Strong staff management skills with the ability to establish credibility with both internal and external stakeholders;
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: