The Global Centre Finance delivers high quality services to European countries related to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Record to Report processes. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS Finance Regional Centres, together developing the Global Shared Service Finance function for DNV GL.
We are seeking a Team Leader for Accounts Receivable in the Global Centre GSS Finance based in Gdynia, Poland.
The role of the Team Leader Accounts Receivable is to provide day to day operational support and management to the team of Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialists and respond to financial function queries. This role will provide leadership, expertise and advice to the AR team to enable them to deliver to a consistently high standard of key financial activities within the AR function.
The AR Team Leader will assist the AR team with transactional activities during periods of high work volume.
- Acting as a role model and providing support, inspiration and guidance for Team Members (up to 12 Employees)
- Supervising work within the scope of tasks performed by individual Team Members
- Evaluating of performance and setting up targets for Team Members
- Motivating and taking care of positive relationships within the Team
- Promoting culture of continuous drive to improve internal processes and procedures to reduce transactional costs and time
- Focusing on standardisation and harmonization of AR processes
- Ensuring accurate, timely and high quality service including KPI management
- Reporting of results to management and Client
- Building positive partner long-term relations with Team Members and Clients
- Leading a functional work team within Accounts Receivable focused on the complete, accurate, and timely completion of accounting transactions
- Defining tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with service level agreements
- Ensure Service Level Agreements for the Team are met
- Responsible for creating and providing functional and operational reports to executive management that provides essential information to manage the business.
- Develop, maintain and update all accounts receivable process documentation
- Provide process improvement guidance / changes for review by leadership
- Work with regional collections management team to drive continuous improvement in the collections process.
- Assist management with career development activities for team members including performance management, informal feedback, training, and resourcing
- Provide internal and external audit support, as requested
- University degree (Finance, Accounting or other relevant degree)
- Fluent English language skills
- 5+ years's work experience
- 3+ years's work experience in shared service centre environment (Accounts Receivable experience a plus)
- 2+ years's previous experience managing / overseeing a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Oracle (desirable) or any other ERP system;
- Technically proficient in accounting and book keeping principles and practices and understands legislative compliance;
- Strong staff management skills with the ability to establish credibility with both internal and external stakeholders;
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: