Are you dreaming of joining a company where being data smart is a strategic ambition?
We are looking for you!
DNV GL is in the middle of a digital transformation, as are the industries we operate in. As part of an initiative to accelerate this process, we will build and scale analytic competence to further develop our Big Data-enabled analytic platform. Join our team to leverage Big Data analytic capabilities to transform our global services across the maritime, oil and gas, energy, and life science industries. These capabilities include IoT (Internet of Things), machine learning, data lake, streaming analytics using Microsoft Azure and the Hadoop eco system.
As our Analytics Full Stack Developer, you will join a team that runs complex projects, transforming existing and developing new digital services and tools across all of DNV GL's industries. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about building analytic solutions, applications and tools, and who can combine a good understanding of the system as a whole with deep knowledge and experience with key components and tools in the chain.
Responsibilities / Key tasks:
- Design, develop, operate and support (DevOps) solutions and applications deployed in Microsoft Azure Cortana Intelligence suite (e.g. Azure SQL DB, SQL DWH, Data Lake, HD Insight, Spark, HBase, ML)
- Develop, operate and document data ingest pipelines, web applications (front and back-end), visualization applications, data governance, data catalogues, best practices and libraries
- Program and analyze data using technologies and languages such as Spark, Hive, Python, R and C# in Visual Studio
- Build, enhance and tune a Modern Data Warehouse in Microsoft Azure
- Master's Degree in computer science, software development or other relevant fields
- Mandatory 3+ years of work experience in fields relevant for software development, preferably on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Solid knowledge of application development on the Microsoft .NET framework
- A good understanding of object oriented design principles and patterns
- A good understanding of SQL Server and database design
- Ability to work on both front-end and back-end of applications
- Experience with any of the following fields will be an advantage:
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence (BI) principles and tools including ETL, data modelling and visualization
- Coding in languages such as Python, Java, R, C#, Scala
- Developing and consuming RESTful API services
- Processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Project involving Machine Learning
- Experience with Hadoop eco-system
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Azure Cortana Intelligence Suite
- Experience and drive for UX designing
- Great communication skills and fluency in English as a working language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including English
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Able to work independently and provide suggestions
- Great team player
- A pragmatic and solution oriented approach, with the ability to formulate problems and engineer effective solutions across domains and disciplines
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to see commonalities amongst diverse problems
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: