Requisition ID: 65905
**PLEASE NOTE*** This position is based in Ventura/Central Coast
Provides convenience retail consultation to franchisees in an assigned geographic area, including advising and assisting with Merchandising, Business/Financial, and operational performance to improve total site profitability. The Franchise Business Consultant is a key role for the delivery of the Franchise offer through a well-defined business consulting relationship centered around best retail business practices and serves as a single point of contact for marketing field support.
- Builds respected and trusting business relationships with Franchisee. Provides business consulting on convenience retail solutions to the franchisee to maximize growth and profitability. Understands and coaches Franchisee on the value and use of performance indicators and financial statements to monitor and improve site performance.
- Consults and facilitates the Franchisee to develop and follow their business plans. Assists Franchisee in identifying business gaps needing attention. Ensures Franchisee Develops, plans, and executes action plans to address and improve performance of Sites.
- Assesses and consults on established ‘Best Practice’ merchandising and operating practices to establish a culture of consistent brand representation through operational excellence. Ensures that the Franchisees understand and deliver against their contractual responsibilities and execute the offer and operating standards as prescribed.
- Provides franchisee with upfront support for opening new “ampm” stores by liaising with service providers, helping establish contacts with vendors, recommended layouts, planograms, prices, establishing book-keeping and supporting the training of employees. Acts as a single point of contact for marketing field support.
- Evaluates and consults on Category Management & General Merchandising practices and execution to provide for a consistent and improved customer experience leading to top and bottom line growth. Influences Franchisee to maximize profitability through profit boosters, company promotions, price setting, maximizing and optimum availability and marketing concepts.
- Ensures that Franchisees develops and executes a competitive pricing strategy that maximizes profitability and market share. Ensures that every decision is viewed through the lens of the customer and the Franchise agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in marketing, commerce, economics or finance is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years relevant business experience in marketing/retail/sales is required.
- Proficiency in the operation of the Commander back office and a strong understanding of all interfacing systems including site level pricebook management.
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to lead, coach, develop and motivate to deliver outstanding performance.
- Skillful application of MSOffice products (Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint).
- Sound business planning and financial understanding with the proven track record of interpreting and analysing financial information from Performance reports and Financial statements.
- Excellent sales, influencing and oral communication skills.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Calabasas || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Marketing & Retail || 93001 ||