Requisition ID: 63921
Conducts audits and investigations of near misses and incidents.
- Leads audits and incident investigations including event recognition and classification, chartering, data collection, data analysis, recommendation development and disposition, report composition and presentation. Performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates investigation results internally to employee(s) and management including, but not limited to, reports, summary documents, presentations and resources.
- Updates database/tracking system with investigation reports and recommendations. Ensures documentation content meets standards and is complete, accurate and timely.
- Compiles and publishes routine investigation performance metrics consistent with established process requirements.
- Utilizes knowledge of refinery process areas/units/equipment and knowledge of critical work processes such as, but not limited to, management of change (MOC), process hazard analysis (PHA) to identify recurring causes of incidents and repeat incidents
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in refining industry required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead ad hoc groups of all different levels.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 90810 ||