To drive the successful market positioning, business development and sales of Bladed (DNV GL's wind turbine modelling software). The individual will be recognised for their focus to create opportunities and then close deals, their strong communication and networking skills, their strategic market development and their ability to work with colleagues in the software sales process.
The role is suitable for someone with exceptional communication, presentation and organisational skills. The candidate should demonstrate significant experience with customer management and business development, and preferably have a strong existing network within the renewables industry. Previous experience of using Bladed would be a significant advantage.
The position will require frequent international travel to customer sites, other DNV GL locations, conferences, trade and industry events.
The Bladed Business Lead role is a market facing role that drives the growth of sales of Bladed and other related products. Key elements of the role include:
Extensive customer contact and a drive to close sales.
- Business Development for Bladed. This should be within existing traditional markets such as wind turbine manufactures, but also developing new markets where Bladed may contribute such as wind farm Developers and Operators.
- Responsibility for co-ordination of software open days and training events.
- Provide thought leadership to the respective markets through presentation at conferences, regional open-days, publications, articles, webinars, etc. The role will require working closely with DNV GL communications team in all regions.
- Key account management of several customer accounts.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of the Renewables market; their requirements, their motivations, and their needs, both external and internal, using that knowledge to contribute to the development, and delivery of a long-term development plan for Bladed and cross-selling opportunities with other Energy software products.
- Network with business development and market facing colleagues across DNV GL that represent services of relevance.
- Providing monthly revenue summaries, monthly forecasts, market development activities and opportunities.
Degree or postgraduate level in a technical discipline
- 4 years or more experience in the renewable industry, an understanding of key industry drivers and preferably with a network of relevant contacts
Key skills required:
Business Management and Communication
Able to build good relationships with end users, stakeholders and the internal development team
- Able to communicate different messages to different people at different levels
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and the vision for the product
- Able to receive critical feedback from users and the team and feed this back into the product vision as appropriate
- Able to understand how the business (domain) works and what is and isn't valuable to users
- Natural willingness to learn and improve
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: