BRC Lead Auditor - Food & Beverage (British Retail Consortium)
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL's Business Assurance North America Group is seeking a BRC Lead Auditor. Our auditors perform 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers. The BRC auditor focuses primarily on clients requiring the BRC certification but also conducts other Global Food Safety Institute audits according to their individual qualifications. Food and Beverage auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain. This position can work remotely out of any home office.
Tasks May Include
- Performs British Retail Consortium (BRC) Food Safety and other 3rd party Global Food Safety Institute (GFSI) benchmarked certification audits for US and Canada customers
- Performs 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
- Provide BRC, ATP, and BRC Transition and Implementation Training as required
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Bachelors in a Life Science required
- At least 3 years experience required
- BRC Food Safety Auditor qualified in:
- Category 2: Raw Poultry
- Category 3: Raw Prepared Products (Meat & Vegetarian)
- Category 8: Cooked Meat/Fish Products
- Must have Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and can rent and drive a car and travel
- Must have the ability to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator
- Willing and able to travel up to 80% (as work is assigned) including mostly overnight stays and national travel often outside of normal work hours and occasional weekends
- BRC IoP, BRC Storage and Distribution and/or other BRC qualifications
- FSSC 22000 Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers' organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world's leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: