DNV GL's Energy Labs team conducts high quality measurements to help renewable energy technology developers, users, investors, manufacturers, and regulators better understand the performance of their hardware. We are engineers, scientists, and project managers dedicated to the continued development and success of the renewable energy industry. We are now seeking a Business Development leader for our Berkeley, CA facility.
This position will report to the Head of Department or Head of Section. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in Energy Labs (particularly others in business development and project management) and other DNV GL - Energy units to establish commercial strategies and carry out key business development and Key Account Manager (KAM) duties, with the aims of growing revenue, driving innovation, and selling work that brings high value to our customers and downstream partners.
The Role Involves:
- Cultivating client and downstream partner relationships, writing proposals, and winning new business for Energy Labs
- Coordinate with engineering and operations teams in proposal development to ensure proposals are of high quality and executable
- Contributing to near-term and medium-term strategy in coordination with other leaders representing senior management, project management, operations, and engineering
- Collaboratively grow business development skills of colleagues
- Occasionally manage projects
- Function as Key Account Manager for selected customers
- Cultivate & maintain excellent relationships with key subcontractors to facilitate successful winning of projects that involve capabilities outside of DNV GL's in-house functions
- Develop and collaborate on department-specific strategic initiatives and business development plans to expand service offerings and market share
- Collaborate with other BD staff in Americas and globally to maximize cross-departmental order intake and customer centricity
- Make strategic sales calls and present at key conference and road shows as needed to drive key business development opportunities
- Champion, manage, and use applicable lead and proposal tracking systems, such as DNV GL's Lead to Contract system
- Schedule and facilitate sales review calls to track progress against goals, analyze win/loss statistics, and identify required actions in support of departmental revenue plans
- Collaborate with others to provide guidance and assist with key proposal development (templates, content, structure, reviews)
- Contribute to industry thought-leadership by authoring strategic marketing and business development materials and white papers.
- 4-year undergraduate degree or combination of undergraduate degree and relevant work experience, engineering degree preferred.
- Master's degree preferred
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the renewable energy industry including sales, project management, client account management and project sponsorship
- Strong technical knowledge of the solar PV industry
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, an overall positive attitude and approachable with high honesty and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinker and driven to innovate
- Negotiating skills and ability to convince
- Understanding of clients' needs and strong listening skills
- Excellent command of Office series software, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven QHSE mindset
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching
- Travel to client offices, other company office locations, project site locations, and conferences
- Occasional work outdoors in harsh conditions including but not limited to hot or cold environments
- Traveling by car up to six hours and walking on uneven terrain
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and business needs
- Valid driver license required and acceptable driving record meeting company requirements; ability to rent a vehicle in the U.S and Canada
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: