Are you eager to develop business with our customers on the digital transformation of their system operations? And do you know a lot about Advanced DMS, SCADA and EMS and Power System operation? Apply now and become our new colleague!
In the coming years, the electric grid will drastically change. Many utilities realize they will need a transition from traditional business models in to the digital age, using technologies and concepts like Grid Optimization, IT/OT integration, advanced Distribution Management Systems and Grid Analytics.
DNV GL is involved in crucial developments and changes that our utility customers are facing and in the area of digital transformation of their OT (operational technology) solutions. Our consultants deliver high quality and concrete results for our customers, such as creating an IT/OT goal architecture landscape that supports customers in the field of distribution and transmission operation, SCADA/EMS/DMS and GIS.
As a Business Lead you will spend a large majority of your time focused on business development, sales and the order intake for our Smart System Operations business (approx. 45%) . This will involve meeting with customers to discuss potential leads, ensuring an efficient process in how we present, bid and contract the established service within their remit, as well as being responsible for applying foresight and innovation in how the service(s) evolves over time, based on the changing needs of our customers and/or the changing technical landscape. As such, the Business Lead should be spending time with customers to understand their challenges and needs, aligning our service organisation to meet these needs and also continually critiquing the services within their remit and exploring opportunities to make the service(s) more efficient or of higher-value potential. You will do this for our whole NEMEA region, which covers Northern Europe (UK, Benelux, Scandinavia), Middle East and Africa. The other large part of the role remains that of an individual contributor (approx. 45%), undertaking consulting work and as project manager for project in ISG domain as senior consultant.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
You will identify market opportunities and develop our existing services and establish new services for both the team and our company. Face to face customer contact, travel to site visits, meetings, conferences and other off-site events are a normal part of this role.
Generate leads, lead the bid/no bid decisions, ensure high quality proposals and close deals
- Analyse new business opportunities, gather market intelligence and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant people
- Maintain an overview of the major market threats
- Determine market approach for strategic and tactical projects together with other relevant colleagues
- Lead and co-ordinate the sales-orientated staff (virtual sales force) in the field of smart system operation within the region
- Being close to the market and our customers, you will monitor and anticipate market developments in your competence area, providing information to your line manager to enable strong resource planning and competency development of staff
- Work in advisory projects as senior consultant helping our clients in the area of smart system operation
- Participate in global service line development
- Encourage and ensure that lessons learnt and latest developments are shared across the team
We're looking for a Business Lead- Sr. Consultant who is well-known within the energy market and is able to develop and maintain good relations with our customers. You understand the technical consequences of a business decision as well as the business consequences of a technical decision.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Business IT and/or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 8 years of experience in the energy industry.
- Knowledge and experience related to SCADA/EMS/DMS and/or Utility Telecommunication
- You have a strong and relevant professional network
- You have extensive experience in business development
- You are willing to travel abroad
- Your English language skills should be strong, verbal and in writing
- You actively contribute to the success of our team and you collaborate to create results
We're offering a challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment. You will be part of a team of about 500 committed professionals. Your home office will be our Energy headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands. We offer you plenty of opportunities for personal growth, according to our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits such as a permanent contract, 38-hour work week, 30 leave days with option to sell or buy extra days, excellent pension scheme and expense allowance.
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 13,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,400 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: