The Civil Engineer will have the responsibility:
- Provide civil engineering technical direction and support for the modification, upgrade, and construction of gas pipeline and its facilities;
- Provide technical support by providing timely reviews of required specifications and project design reviews;
- Technical support for fabrication, construction and (de)commissioning;
- Technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring of junior staff;
- Implement short-term and long-term solutions for civil/structural integrity issues for new capital projects and for operations;
- Ensure that project designs are fit-for-purpose and demonstrated to meet project development expectations (such as performance and cost) as well as technical, regulatory, environmental, commercial, safety, operating, and maintenance requirements;
- Monitor quality, timeliness, and cost of work performed;
- Application of engineering principles, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements and implement solutions;
- Collaborate with specialized internal engineering teams and other stakeholders;
- Travel is required during construction to provide field engineering support.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, must completed registration as a professional engineer;
- 8 or more years of progressive engineering experience in the design and installation/commissioning of pipeline and facility systems;
- Construction experience in site grading, road construction, underground utilities, geotechnical, trenchless crossing, concrete & steel structure and foundation is an asset.
- Experience with North American gas and/or oil transportation facility design is desired.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.