Do you want to be actively involved and make a difference in the realization of the energy transition? Do you know all about modelling and how to use these results for customers in the energy market? Then this job is the job for you!
Who we are
In the department of Energy Markets & Technology, DNV GL covers a wide range of topics bridging business and market drivers and technical solutions with a focus on the Energy Transition. We serve utilities, transmission system operators or other infrastructure companies, governmental organizations, regulators as well as investors in the energy market to realize their goals and ambitions. Among others our activities and advices contain evaluations of market and technology developments and their impact, changes in policy or market design, quantitative and or qualitative analyses, due diligences, QA/QC and power balancing.
Your tasks & responsibilities
As a Consultant Energy Market & Technology, you will be part of a customer centric environment, working on projects for which you will be responsible for doing the modelling and quantification. The projects can be related to both conventional and renewable energy sources and production assets, transmission and distribution grids, business processes or the techno-economic feasibility of innovations.
Next to that, your responsibility will be to:
- Develop new tools or models to analyze (future) energy systems or markets
- Define and analyze different scenarios for future energy systems
- Visualize the results and use these to advise our customers
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high quality presentations and reports and commercial offers
- Identify market opportunities and develop our existing services and establish new services for both the team and our company
Based on your interests and capabilities, we will create a plan together with you for your personal development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a team player who takes initiative, has analytical skills and is eager to understand the technical consequences of a business decision as well as the business consequences of a technical decision.
- You have a Master degree (or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Economy
- Strong knowledge and experience with modelling in e.g. Excel and Phyton
- Knowledge and experience with modelling in Plexos is considered an advantage
- Interest in the energy transition, as well as in energy markets and processes
- Able to write clear and high quality reports and commercial offers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Available to travel (inter)nationally
- You work independently, are goal-oriented and have a flexible attitude
- You are eager to interact with customers and colleagues
- You take responsibility for your tasks and competences
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: