Brief Team and Position Summary :
DNV GL - Energy's Energy Advisory group is seeking a Consultant - Power System Planning to join our Power Systems Planning (PSP) team. PSP provides power systems advisory services to premier clients throughout the North America region. This position is based in our Dallas, TX office. (No remote options available)
Tasks May Include: (E ssential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Analyze and interpret the data received from customer such as existing system models, station one-line diagrams etc.
- Develop detailed electrical system models for different operating scenarios utilizing client specific software such as ETAP, CYME, Synergi, ASPEN, PSS ® E or similar.
- Perform power system studies including power flow, short circuit, protection coordination, stability, arc flash, harmonics, and grounding etc.
- Evaluate options, write clear and concise reports; and present study results to clients.
- Regularly discuss, correspond, and meet with team manager to ensure that system studies are completed on time and to the customer's specification.
- Assist the team manager in writing proposals and business development activities.
- May include travel to customer's site to collect data, take measurements, label equipment, or discuss report conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist the team in performing steady state and short circuit studies on bulk transmission system on a need basis.
Requirements: (Mandatory qualifications for this position)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in transmission and/or distribution systems analysis is required.
- Demonstrated skill in using power engineering analysis software such as CYME, ETAP, ASPEN, PSSE or similar is required.
- Strong background on power system concepts, experience of working on transmission and distribution system projects is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Preferred: (Preferred qualifications for this position but not required)
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- EIT or PE will be a plus.
- Willingness to learn different software will be a plus.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: