Requisition ID: 61841
This role is responsible for conducting, monitoring and supervising finance processes and activities for Andeavor Mexico, including the supervision of accounting, control design and execution, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. Provides strategic leadership and functional expertise in financial and accounting practices to support accurate and timely capture of financial information. Participates in negotiations with banks, financial institutions, accounting service providers, and private or government entities. Ensures controls are in place and properly executed in line with risks relevant to the business and country risk.
- Manages the financial operations of Andeavor Mexico with full income statement, balance sheet and cash flow management responsibility and accountability.
- Supports accounting, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, analysis, investments, and credit, in order to meet established business plan goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains standardized practices, internal controls, and works towards the continuous improvement of financial operations and data integrity in Andeavor Mexico. Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley required.
- Evaluates results to ensure constant processing and quality improvement of the activities.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies, regulations, legal declarations and filing of financial accounts.
- Assists with preparation of reporting packages including comprehensive Key Performance Indicators (KPI), operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level analysis.
- Supervises the preparation, reviews, and certification of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting.
- Contributes to quality business analysis, aligned and meaningful commentary and presentation material for the Executive level of management.
- Provides required insights for decision-making related to Andeavor Mexico’s development plans based on financial analysis.
- Works closely with the VP Latin America and the Mexico Country Director in developing and executing the Andeavor Mexico’s short and long-term financial strategies that align with the overall business objectives.
- Identifies associated risk opportunities to improve the organization’s financial performance.
- Is accountable to prioritize, focus and initiate on key issues that could impact profitability and operational effectiveness of the organization.
- Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops a team of financial analysts to ensure planning, analysis, strategies, and projects are impactful and drive improved business performance.
- Serves as liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Leads local relationships with financial institutions and private or government entities.
- Participates in planning and executes on all special projects as assigned.
- Minimum undergraduate degree Business, Finance, or Accounting required. Accounting degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- MBA or MPA preferred.
- Minimum 10-12+ years of finance and accounting leadership experience with large, global multi-national company.
- Required: Experience living in & doing business in Mexico in a control/accounting related capacity with a company that was required to follow US GAAP and comply with US FCPA, SOX, and other relevant standards.
- Preferred experience within the Oil & Gas industry – or other industrial manufacturing industry and/or preferred emerging market financial leadership experience.
- Required to live and work in Mexico City, Mexico with periodic travel throughout Mexico, Latin America and to San Antonio.
- SAP experience preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||