Requisition ID: 63861
Provides supervision, leadership, and guidance to the Rockies controls engineering team to deliver electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering support for the gathering system, pipelines, compressor stations, and gas processing plants. Manages the group to provide SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) support and maintenance including PLC and HMI programming, data gathering from well head measurement, PID control loops, maintaining historical data, and reports for operations, measurement and engineering.
*Option to work in Location Including: Bismarck, ND, Denver, CO and Rock Springs, WY
- Directly supervises members of the Rockies controls engineering team to safely and effectively support the SCADA systems .
- Manages capital projects and maintenance projects including the review of electrical, controls, and network drawings, supporting the programming and commissioning of the controls system, and providing startup support including troubleshooting and loop tuning.
- Collaborates with the measurement, environmental, and operations teams to ensure timely, accurate SCADA data, communications, and reports .
- Develops and implements career development and succession plans for technical and management employees within corporate and field process safety professional staff pools.
- Oversees, programs, and maintains various PLCs and HMIs but primarily Allen Bradley PLCs and GE iFix HIMIs. Supports operations and engineering through the MOC/PHA/LOPA process, ongoing maintenance, and troubleshooting .
- Ensures proper documentation of the controls systems including cause and effect diagrams, controls narratives, and network drawings. Responsible to ensure Tesoro standards and best practices are followed .
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours . Creates and manages work schedules.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in electrical or instrumentation and controls engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years’ industry experience in electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering required.
- Experience in PLC & HMI Programming including Allen Bradley PLCs and GE iFix and Wonderware HMIs
- Previous expereince leading/supervising a technical team is preferred.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with other departments.
- Understanding of PLC Programming including ladder logic, function block, and structured text.
- Understanding of various networks and telemetry including MAS radios
- Understanding of Industry Specific Standards such as NEC, API, and DOT standards.
- Operations are performed 7 days a week 24 hours a day; therefore, continuous support is required including rotational on call support.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || SF:LI-JC-1 || |Engineering; Logistics || 80202 ||