Region Oil & Gas Norway is looking for a Cost Controller to strengthen the Controller Team.
The Cost Controller function in Region Oil & Gas Norway performs and monitors monthly project accounting processes and provides value-added financial management and advise to project managers as well as other controllers to help maximize the performance of the projects.
The main responsibilities for the Cost Controller will be:
Assisting project managers with project registration and setup, budget maintenance, invoicing, accruals and reporting
- Responsibility for designated project portfolio(s), ensuring that the projects are correctly reflected in the monthly project accounts and ensuring that P&L effects are clearly communicated
- Project monitoring and analyses in cooperation with project manager and other controllers
- Monitoring and control of projects in Affinitas and Teamcenter (CRM and production systems)
- Actively following up cash flow by focusing on accounts receivables and ensuring a healthy WIP policy on projects
- Contributing to improving work processes and sharing of competence as an integral part of the Region's controller apparatus. This includes working towards increased awareness of financial principles in the organization
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Accounting experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree within business administration or finance
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good Norwegian and English skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with Oracle is an advantage
- Willingness to participate in business trips
- Successful candidates should be service minded, have a solution oriented mindset and a pragmatic approach
- Positive attitude, customer centric mind-set and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
- Independent and self-driven
- Quality focused
- Cooperative and flexible
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to clearly communicate financial effects also to non-financial personnel
For more information about the position, please contact:
Therese Rehder, Head of Admin, Project and Cost Controller Group, +47 48023218
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: