We are looking for a Cost Controller for working on a new brownfield project of an Operator.
The position will start in March. If the project obtains its Financial Investment Decision in August 2018, the role is for almost 3 years.
If not, the role will finish this summer 2018.
1. To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation in particular by identifying with the different leaders all the potential contracts needed to execute properly and timely the projects..
5. With the spirit of One TOTAL values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
6. To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
7. Prepare cost control procedure for project.
8. Prepare the cost breakdown structure for all coming projects. Insure that the Cost Breakdown structure is in line with the Work Breakdown structure.
9. Analyse the estimation of the projects and prepare the budget allocation of the projects based on the Cost Breakdown structure
10. Analyse the main EPC contracts and liaise with the contract engineers in order to insure a proper cost follow up of each contract.
11. Be able to reforecast accurately during the project the Final Cost estimate
12. Prepare a cost control report based on the PJC best practice X
13. Track all CO, Pending CO.
14. In liaison with the contract engineer and Package manager, challenge the CO from the contractors.
15. In liaison with the package Manager and Construction Manager, Follow the productivity provided by the construction manager during the erection phase and anticipate the over/under expenditure linked with the productivity.
16. Follow the monthly cost report, PDC,IB and RB in liaison with the Project Manager
17. Ensure that all invoices submitted by contractors are correct.
18. Insure that the cost report from contractors are accurate and in line with the physical progress.
19. Analyse and justify the variations between the FCE and IB
20. Provide all requested support to the management
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualification : Engineering School Professional
Experience (number of years) : 15
Experience of Cost Control (number of years): 10 years minimum.
A complementary experience in project control planning, Estimation would be a plus
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.