The GSS Finance organization focuses on delivering high quality accounting, tax and treasury services to South Asia countries and Business Areas, supporting all accounting, tax and treasury transactions in accordance with local and company requirements. The organization is also engaged on several projects to continuously improve organization efficiency, improving IT landscape while developing team expertise and knowledge. GSS finance is also responsible to implement, monitor and improve the control and compliance framework.
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Accountant for the South Asia Region GSS Finance based in Singapore supporting South Asia countries (eg, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Singapore). Upon career development and company request, the country list could change.
The Credit Collector will report to the Accounts Receivable and Credit Control Supervisor. The Credit Collector is a member of a team of accountants; involving Credit Control Activities of a given geographical location.
- Responsible for a portfolio of customers within South Asia Region
- Follow up the Accounts Receivables in line with DNV GL collection model, supported by the OnGuard collection tool
- Assist AR and Credit Control Supervisor for analysing customer risk profiles
- Creating and executing collection plans in co-operation with Business Areas
- Contact customers to obtain payments on time and negotiating payment plans when required (peer-to-peer: calls, visits)
- Identify issues to be escalated to AR and Credit Control Supervisor
- Assist the Project Managers and KAMs to gather full view of customer portfolio, provide information about customer history and activities through organisation.
- Collaborate with DNV GL colleagues globally
Compliance and Quality Improvement
- Adhere to company guidelines and procedures and policies relating to Accounts Receivable and Credit Control function
- Identify and report any deviation from pre-set guidelines/procedures for timely advices/solution from Line Manager
- Test, document, report and monitor controls as per the Internal Control systems on frequent basis. Implement corrective actions as per management or Global Process Owner advice.
- Participate in various projects involving our enterprise accounting and reporting system
- Rapidly and precisely response to requests of internal customers and stakeholders on all matters relating to Accounts Receivable and Credit Collection
- Diploma / University degree or relevant education with finance / administration
- Experience in Collection environment is a must
- Knowledge of Oracle preferred and Collection tools
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient in MS Office skills (Excel)
- Previous experience with a Shared Services Company
- Good English skills required, written and verbal
Characteristics of Successful Candidate
Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness
- Positive attitude, customer centric mind-set and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
- Ability to build good and strong relationships with different stakeholders
- Attentive to detail and deadlines
- Sharp judgment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to learn and understand new software/accounting systems
- Passion and willingness to learn and understand new software/accounting systems
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: