We are seeking a Credit Collector for DNVGL Business Assurance in Essen, Germany.
The credit collector will report to the head of the invoicing department. The Credit Collector is a member of the invoicing team, taking care of the credit collection process of Business Assurance in Germany. To succeed in this role, you need to be a team player with strong communication skills.
As part of your daily work you will also do some other administration tasks.
- Coordinate the collection efforts in the local unit and in cooperation with GSS Finance, including dunning procedures & follow-up
- Make collection calls by phone and follow-up with email as necessary
- Contact customers to obtain payments and negotiating payment plans when required
- Ensure proper follow up with customers on rejected invoices
- Provide copies of invoices and statements to customers as requested
- Apply proper leverages in line with the credit collection procedure
- Identify collection issues to be escalated to management / controlling
- Reconcile customer accounts in cooperation with GSS
- Continuously improve the cash collection process
- Good analytical skills and relevant education in economic or science studies in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Multitasking and ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools (especially Excel)
- Practical credit collection experience
- Previous experience with a Professional Services Company will be an advantage
- Excellent German and English skills required, written and verbal (Additional European language skills will be an advantage)
Successful Employee Characteristics
- Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness
- Positive attitude, customer centric mind-set and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
- Ability to build good relationships with different stakeholders
- Attentive to detail and deadlines
- Sharp judgment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to learn and understand new software/accounting systems
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification and supply chain services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is one of the world's leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: