Brief Team and Position Summary :
GreenPowerMonitor (GPM) North America is a small growing office of ~10 people in San Jose, CA that requires all employees to wear many hats and carry multiple different job roles simultaneously. Part of the larger 100 person GPM global team and 12,000 person DNV GL family. GPM is focused on the monitoring, control and asset management of renewable assets and positions ourselves as a global technology solutions provider for the renewable energy industry. Every member of the team must thrive in a client facing and customer service oriented position.
GPM North America is actively building out our Support and Customer Engineering teams. The focus of these teams is to be customer oriented and to elevate the level of services provided to the customer. Our Customer Success Specialists are critical in the direct contact and management of the clients. This role specifically is intended to be located in the Eastern United States time zone and will focus 50% of the time on primary support items from a home office and 50% of the time on field service items requiring travel to the remote renewable energy project locations.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-driven leader with a focus on positive team culture and attitude.
- Bachelor Degree or higher from 4 year college.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a client support or client facing role.
- Direct knowledge of competing products, specifically Draker, Locus, and AlsoEnergy.
- Working knowledge of PE, Huawei, GE, ABB, Satcon and other popular North American inverter and wind turbine brands.
- Ability to do basic wiring, think creatively in the field, and make CAT5 cables with high reliability.
- Comfortable working in outdoor environments.
- Customer response window typically starting at 5:30 AM Pacific / 8:00 AM Eastern.
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash Training, optional.
- NABCEP certification, current or previous, optional.
- Travel up to 50% of the time, primarily in the Eastern and Central time zones.
- No international travel restrictions and current Passport.
- Easy access to a major airport.
- Occasional training sessions at GPM office locations necessary.
- Must have a home office or office space available.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: