Global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry, is looking for an experienced Customs Manager to join their Finance team based in Aberdeen. Part of a wider Finance function that sits within the Group CFO function, the Finance team in the UK is responsible for ensuring that accurate and up to date financial and taxation records are maintained. The Customs Manager will primarily assume responsibility for the delivery of customs analysis to key stakeholders in the business, and will help navigate the company through the changing UK requirements brought on by Brexit.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Own and drive all aspects of Customs Requirements, evolving the Customs Department to the next level to meet business ambition
- Establish all compliance requirements in the region and safeguard adherence to these requirements
- Support Tendering activities in all customs matters, including but not limited to duties / exemptions / licences available
- Be a business partner for local leadership teams, supporting strategic ambitions and initiatives, providing advice on the most cost effective and compliant way forward
- Establish and improve availability of data for decision-making purposes
- Be the focal point with Customs authorities, lead the company responses to queries and audits, ensuring that the most cost effective and compliant solutions are identified, provide advice to the business on the best course of action
- Own Customs reporting for internal and external purposes, including any requirements from Group and local jurisdictions for statutory purposes. Ensure all Monthly / Quarterly Returns Information is collated and Validated before submittal to HMRC
- Training of UK teams ( Both reporting team and others) to heighten awareness of customs issues and changing legislation
In order to be considered we expect candidates to bring the following experience and attributes;
- Minimum 5 years relevant Customs Compliance / Reporting
- Ability to recognise, support and focus on the few critical priorities at the right time
- Experience managing a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to translate customs observations /take-aways into a language that the rest of the business understands
- Good General Education with Computer Skills
- Degree Educated with previous experience in a similar role
- Qualification issued by the Institute of Exports and International Trade (or similar body)
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.