Requisition ID: 66541
Manages the 120-day planning cycle whereby key operational variables (crude evaluation/selection, price, inventory levels, product mix, refinery operating conditions and run rates, etc) are optimized into refinery-specific production plans within assigned region. Reviews production plans to assure short-term and long-term economic optimization is achievable within facility and logistical constraints.
- Participates in Business Optimization strategic and operational planning for assigned region. Ensures alignment of region and refinery-specific economic targets with objectives established for Refining, Supply & Trading and Marketing.
- Directs/Participates in cross-functional studies to identify operational profit/performance improvement opportunities. Participates in the development of intermediate to long term initiatives and objectives to compliment strategic enterprise plan.
- Aligns assigned regional Optimization team efforts towards established strategic objectives of maximizing returns and minimizing risks.
- Develops and tracks metrics to assure maximization of profitability.
- Drives efforts to continually improve business practices and processes to maximize resource effectiveness and operational excellence.
- Develops solutions for realizing sustained business improvements on tactical issues related to optimizing existing assets.
- Directs studies to identify and improve value chain processes.
- Develops solutions that improve value chain processes maximizing effectiveness and eliminating organizational waste.
- Directs the development of tools and systems to improve accuracy and content of commercial information.
- Drives efforts to ensure that the value chain information and processes are current and utilized
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field of study required.
- 10 or more years of experience in the downstream industry required.
- Refinery operations, planning and optimization experience preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-RG1 || |Commercial; Engineering; Refinery Operations || 78259 ||