Brief Team and Position Summary :
GreenPowerMonitor (GPM) North America is a small growing office of ~10 people in San Jose, CA that requires all employees to wear many hats and carry multiple different job roles simultaneously. Part of the larger 100 person GPM global team and 12,000 person DNV GL family. GPM is focused on the monitoring, control and asset management of renewable assets and positions ourselves as a global technology solutions provider for the renewable energy industry. Every member of the team must thrive in a client facing and customer service oriented position.
GPM North America is actively building out our Support and Customer Engineering teams. The focus of these teams is to be customer oriented and to elevate the level of services provided to the customer. Our Director of Customer Success will oversee the direct contact and management of the clients as well as the other Customer Success Specialists on the team. This role specifically is intended to be located in our San Jose office and will focus 25% of the time on primary support items, 25% of the time on hardware operations tasks and 50% of the time on client engineering items.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-driven leader with a focus on positive team culture and attitude. The Director of Customer Success is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the Support and Client Engineering teams by working with the CEO and other management team members to establish procedures, implement tools, set long-term goals and directly own the process flow of the Customer Success metric within the growing business.
Tasks may include:
- Build a positive corporate culture that balances the needs of the employees with the needs of the customer and the needs of the company in an effective manner
- Assess capital needs for future investment in operational efficiency and in expansion of operation if required to meet customer demand
- Recognize deficiencies in tools and processes and devise solutions.
- Review major projects and participate in quoting activities.
Bachelor Degree from 4 year college or better
- Ability to read and interpret customer requirements, derive questions, and create a solution from GPM components.
- Bachelor Degree or higher from 4 year college
- Minimum 5 years experience in a client support or client facing role
- Ability to document solution in AutoCAD and Excel.
- Direct knowledge of all components of the various GPM systems
- Basic understanding of computer networking and remote access tools
- Knowledge of the typical equipment at a solar and wind site
- Ability to program and configure dataloggers, either for new builds or replacements
- Ability to write xml code from library snippets
- Maintain status of all active progress in project management software
- Direct knowledge of competing products, specifically Draker, Locus, and AlsoEnergy.
- Working knowledge of PE, Huawei, GE, ABB, Satcon and other popular North American inverter and wind turbine brands.
- Ability to fill in for all dependent positions.
- Occasional training sessions at GPM office locations necessary
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: