Requisition ID: 53981
Working under the general supervision of the Crude Trucking Manager, the Transport Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of crude oil to regional terminals, and refineries. The Transport Driver is responsible for all aspects of safely driving and operating a tank truck and trailer in compliance with all company safety standards, industry guidelines, and all relevant federal, state and local laws. The Transport Driver independently follows specified policies, procedures and standards, as well as from written or verbal directions.
- Driving a tank truck or tractor/trailer to transport crude and petroleum products between pipeline depots, transport tanks, etc., taking all required readings and measurements before and after crude oil is loaded, recording readings and measurements including volume estimates on crude oil tickets and leaving copies for lessee or producer.
- Performing proper measurement; knowing and demonstrating the importance of good measurement practices.
- Performing pre-trip inspections on equipment following all Tesoro Safety Policies and DOT regulations.
- Checking truck for general operating requirements, ensuring that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition, documenting inspection and identifying any deficiencies on pre-trip inspection forms.
- Performing and documenting post trip inspection appropriately and accurately, completing all regulatory and customary paperwork. Maintaining all DOT required documentation, crude oil tickets, etc.
- Ensuring truck is full of fuel, windows, mirrors and cab interior are clean, and all equipment is ready for service for the next shift. Interface with mechanics in a courteous manner to relay problems or accept direction.
- Following, maintaining and adhering to all safety rules, DOT regulations and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises.
- Serving as an ambassador for Tesoro by operating equipment in a safe and professional manner, obeying all traffic laws and driving courteously and professionally at all times.
- We offer a desirable fixed 5 on-2 off/5 on-3 off schedule, with 12 hour, 4am to 4pm day shifts. This mean our drivers are home after every shift, not awary from home for days at a time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or 10 years job relevant experience (Successful applicants who only have the 10 plus years of job relevant experience will be required to obtain a GED or equivalent with 6 months of employment which will be Company sponsored).
- Current Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement desired.
- Experience related to crude oil trucking and loading and unloading crude oil is strongly desired, but similar relevant experience may be considered.
- Successful candidates will likely have off-road and extreme cold weather trucking experience, as up to 85% of driving is off-road; this is NOT a long haul trucking position.
- Clean driving record (no DUI/DWI in previous 3 years).
- DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
- Passing Road Test and demonstrating proficiency operating an 18-speed truck.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, measuring and mathematical skills, and strong computer proficiency are all required for success in this position.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || Sidney || Montana || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Logistics || 59270 ||