Urgently searching for an experienced Engineering Tech with a strong background in Drilling and Completions for a large Oil and Gas company in Austin, TX.
Please find the details below.
Under the general guidance of the Drilling Team Lead, Completions Team Lead, Workover Team Lead, or the D&C Manager, the D&C Engineering Tech will be responsible for supporting the reporting, analysis, and data management needs of the Drilling, Completion and Workover Teams. The work is to be conducted in a safe, legal, and environmentally/socially responsible and effective manner, and in conformance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and applicable governmental regulations.
* Actively participates in morning D&C operational meetings and Cross-Functional Team meetings.
* Monitors daily morning report and facilitates data error corrections to time and cost coding as well as Non-Productive Time capture.
* Assist in daily cost surveillance QA/QC as well as post-mortem cost reconciliation for Drilling and Completion activities.
* Assist D&C engineers in pulling data necessary for analysis related to contractor performance, internal / external benchmarking, performance trends, and End-of-Well Reports.
* Takes an active role in non-operated offset well analysis, for performance trends, technology applications, lessons learned, and key drivers that give unique advantage opportunities.
* Assist D&C Team Leads and D&C Manager in compiling and analyzing operated and non-operated data for inclusion in weekly and/or monthly reports and performance review slide decks.
* Active participation in HSE Management System. Is accountable for HSE training requirements and policies.
* Analyze time and cost KPIs and prepare plots, reports, summaries for the Drilling and Completion Team
* Administrate the daily reporting system (OpenWells), ProNova optimization tool, D&C team sites
* Provide training on OpenWells to field and office personnel
* Organize, format, and load well data (technical documentation, end-of-well reports, etc.) to various databases and perform ad-hoc extractions to various tools (Excel, Spotfire, etc.)
* 5+ years prior experience as a D&C Engineering Tech
* Proficiency with Spotfire
* Experience with OpenWells
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, VISIO, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of oil and gas operations
* Drilling, completion, and workover experience
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Math, Accounting or Engineering Technology preferred
* Good technical writing skills
* Ability to live by "I am safety" expectations
* Self-starter with ability to prioritize
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
If qualified and interested, please apply asap as this is an urgent position.
Vanessa Lopez 832.900.5935
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.