An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and rapidly growing service area within the Cyber Security team. Based within a service area (Operational Excellence), that also carries out specialist work in Smart Metering, Smart Energy Technologies, Smart Systems, Smart Energy Testing; the Cyber Security team - and this role will be in the Cyber Security team - works mainly on the evaluation and testing of IT products which may use the Common Criteria and UK Government's Commercial Product Assurance scheme or may be using our own internally developed tools.
We are seeking like-minded, dynamic and ambitious individuals to help with the continued development of leading edge cyber testing tools, particularly our fuzz testing suite.
Characteristics required for the role will include flexibility and adaptability to work with a minimum of supervision to take forwards the design and scope of the testing suite; an enthusiasm and aptitude for rapid learning and developing new skills; and a combination of systematic working to ensure comprehensive coverage, with creativity to develop new attack ideas. The successful candidate will work closely with technical leads, business consultants and analysts from the UK (and other countries from time to time). The role will require good development skills (especially using Java and Eclipse RCP) to both support and develop our specialist toolset.
The role reports, via the Senior Developer, to the Head of Section - Cyber Security and Product Evaluation, and is London or Peterborough based.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
Development of a Graphical User Interface for the testing toolset
- Development of models for specified protocols, to enable these to be integrated into our testing suite
- Assistance in developing other software tools to support evaluation tasks,
- Setting up and maintaining test environments for products to be evaluated.
- Reporting on development progress and issues.
- Client-facing meetings as required.
- Building relationship networks with colleagues.
- Sharing professional knowledge with colleagues.
- Contributing to DNV GL R&D projects from time to time.
- Minimum of bachelors degree in computer science or software engineering (or more general science/maths if supplemented by sufficient relevant experience). First class degree preferred (or alternative demonstration of strong intellectual ability).
- Experience in developing using Eclipse RCP
- Software development knowledge including both scripting and application programming (some experience of software development is essential; experience of software developments in commercial environments is desirable but not essential)
- Enquiring mind with the ability to question and probe beyond the surface of designs and visible interfaces.
- Fast research and learning of new technical background information.
- Dynamic/enthusiastic, combined with the ability to be methodical and structured in the approach to evaluation work.
- Creative in development of new attack ideas and methods.
- Team working.
- Knowledge of cryptography and its application to IT protocols and products is also desirable.
Company & Business Area Description
Data is the raw material of the 21st century. It is the foundation and driver of the digital transformation and forms the basis of value creation. To accelerate our growth and development of new offerings to existing and new customers, we are consolidating our digital assets and resources in our new Digital Solutions organization," Remi Eriksen, Group President and CEO of DNV GL.
We are setting up this new Business Area to further enrich and enhance DNV GL's offerings to our customers, and create a larger impact and competitive advantage for our company. The Digital Solutions organization will come from, and build on, different parts of our existing organization, and will consist of approximately 1000 digital experts, to leverage the full potential of the internet of things. The organization will optimize this expertise to meet the challenges of data quality and security, with our newly launched platform Veracity as the basis.
Digital Solutions will have a strong external focus, and our services will complement what the other Business Areas are doing towards our various markets. We will have a close dialogue with each of the other Business Areas to identify where Digital Solutions shall take lead in the market and open doors for other service offerings - and where we can benefit from the relations and positions we have in other Business Areas.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: