Purpose / Role
* To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent Electrical Construction Technician service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures
* To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
* To ensure that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Key Aims and Objectives
* To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
* Installation, Isolation, reinstatement and associated construction testing of electrical equipment in NON-HAZARDOUS and HAZARDOUS areas.
* Inspection and completion of applicable certification / documentation as required including red-lining of drawings to reflect 'as-built' status.
* Inspection of electrical installations / equipment and completion of associated certification of permitted workscope completed by NON-COMPEX Electricians within a hazardous area.
* Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that all works associated with the role of Electrical Technician is completed safely and to a high standard.
* Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches.
* Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
* Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
* Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
Allied Occasional Duties
* Participate and contribute to WorleyParsons' Emergency Response procedure and process.
* Participate and contribute to company / project SHEQ initiatives.
* Participate and contribute in WorleyParsons' nationalisation/personnel development programmes
Key Internal Interfaces
* Discipline Foremen and Chargehands
* Construction Superintendents
* Construction Electricians
* SHEQ advisor
Key External Interfaces
* Client personnel
* Sub-contract personnel
* Vendors and specialists
Qualifications may be achieved through the following routes:
Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
More recent apprenticeships or training routes can result in the following awards (not all)
* Technical qualification with applicable electrical background - City and Guilds / BTec/NC/ NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation / SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
* AM2 - Applicable for those in England who have achieved an Electrical Qualification through the adult entry site assessment route. Checks should be made to ensure AM2 has been achieved.
* BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
* COMPEX (Mandatory for this role)
* ONC/HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
* IEE Current Edition
* Demonstrable experience post electrical apprenticeship/training with current relative experience in all aspects of electrical installation, isolation, reinstatement and testing associated with construction electrical workscope in Hazardous and Non-Hazardous areas.
* Ability to demonstrate good understanding of risks associated with working in Hazardous areas.
* Demonstrable OFFSHORE experience in the role of Construction Electrical Technician
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
* Demonstrable commitment to working safely at all times.
* Flexible - able to comply with company and project requirements.
* Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi-cultural environment.
* Confident and with the ability to work unsupervised working on own initiative.
* Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Competencies - Generic
* Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English
* Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times.
Competencies - Technical
* Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Electrical Construction Technician as defined in associated job specification
* Can demonstrate ability to read/understand and implement procedures/specifications/drawings/sketches/etc, including the mark up of technical drawings to reflect 'red-line' status.
Competencies - Project / Department Specific
* To be completed by project prior to requisitioning