Cover Letter Required
Please submit an English version of your resume and a cover letter highlighting your strengths as an applicant, why you are interested in joining the DNV GL Wind Energy Assessment team and working in renewable energy.
The primary function of this position is to assess the wind resource and expected energy output of proposed or operational utility-scale wind farms across North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conduct long-term wind resource and energy production assessments:
- Analyzing wind and other climatic data and operational wind farm production and performance data (40%),
- Inspecting sites and measurement equipment (5%),
- Performing wind flow modeling (10%),
- Assessing site conditions for turbine suitability (5%),
- Predicting wind farm energy production (20%),
- Conducting statistical uncertainty analyses (5%),
- Writing technical reports and communicating results to clients (15%).
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred.
- Aptitude in the statistical analysis of data
- Strong MS Office Word/Excel skills.
- Strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools
- Thorough knowledge of various mapping tools and map formats
- Comprehensive understanding of wind flow principles
- Proficiency with WindFarmer and WAsP a plus
- Advanced Excel skills with macros and pivot tables is a plus.
- Understanding of wind energy industry measurement techniques and standards
Coding skills and experience preferred, especially languages such as R, Python, VBA, and/or C#
FUNDAMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS: The characteristics listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time,
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial correspondence,
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely.
- Proven Health, Safety and Environmental mindset
- We conduct a pre-employment background check.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, or mathematics field. With a 3.5 GPA or higher. (Required)
- Advanced degree is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time when working in the office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Most frequently working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is required to travel to assigned project site locations; typical travel time is approximately 3 days every 2-4 months.
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: