Brief Team and Position Summary :
Location and team
DNV GL - Energy's Energy Advisory group is seeking a- Engineer - Power System Modeling & Dynamics Power System to join our Power Systems Planning (PSP) team. PSP provides power systems advisory services to premier clients throughout the North America region. This position is based out of our Dallas, TX office.
- Performing power system modeling & analytical studies including steady state, transient stability and Electro-Magnetic Transient (EMT) studies for medium/large power networks
- Assist with the team's research goals in terms of development of new techniques and/or analytical tools to further the team's performance in terms of efficiency and/or capability improvements
- Prepare draft reports and presentations for client as part of the project deliverables
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with focus on Power Systems Analysis
- At least two (2) years of experience in dynamic modeling and analysis of power system networks including transient stability and EMT domain, preferably in a utility or consulting environment (relevant graduate level research activities may be counted towards this requirement)
- In-depth knowledge and research/experience in power system modeling, transient and sub-transients is a must for this position.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- This is a US-based position; applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S.
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with focus on Power Systems Analysis
- Hands-on experience with power system analysis software packages such as PSS/E, ASPEN, PSLF & PSCAD/EMTDC is preferred.
- Working knowledge of automation scripts such as Python and VB for development of automation modules is preferred.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: