Requisition ID: 66881
Provides pressure equipment engineering support for refinery. Responsibilities will include equipment design, troubleshooting, project support, maintenance and repair of pressure vessels and piping.
- Provides engineering technical support to Inspection group. Assists in maintaining site’s inspection procedures and Standing Instructions to ensure compliance with corporate engineering standards. Recommends routine repairs based on inspection history, current inspection findings, service condition changes, corrosion rate changes, remaining life. Reviews pressure equipment alerts to identify equipment and code-related issues.
- Gathers and assesses relevant integrity information for equipment fitness-for-service evaluations in accordance with established standards. Provides, in coordination with corrosion engineering and corporate metallurgist, repair/replacement recommendations to improve safety, integrity, operability and reliability.
- Supports mechanical integrity program by conducting risk-based inspection (RBI) revalidations.
- Performs, with guidance, risk assessments such as Root Cause Failure Analysis (FCFA, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) on repetitive problems. Reviews pipe stress analysis. Creates action plans to address “bad actors”. Works with Maintenance to improve existing preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Evaluates, with guidance, equipment design to ensure compliance with corporate engineering and industry standards.
- Provides engineering oversight on repairs and alterations of piping and pressure vessels. Assesses alterations to ensure compliance with applicable codes and jurisdictional regulations. Calculates renewal thicknesses.
- Provides engineering support to projects and turnarounds on work scope development, schedules, cost estimates, specifications, bid packages associated with pressure vessels & piping.
Experience and EDUCATION
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering required.
- 0 to 3 years’ mechanical engineering experience in refining or petrochemical industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Los Angeles || California || United States (US) || SF:NONE || |Engineering; Refinery Operations; Students & Recent Graduates || 90810 ||