Requisition ID: 63505
This professional staff position is responsible for ensuring compliance with multiple environmental monitoring programs, preparing agency reports, developing and presenting training materials, and updating compliance procedures. The position requires interfacing with Operations, Maintenance, Project Engineering, and regulatory agencies.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the leak detection and repair (LDAR) and Benzene Waste Operations NESHAP (BWON) programs, including oversight of the contract LDAR technicians. Ensure routine monitoring and first repair attempts are conducted efficiently and without incident. Communicates daily activities related to manpower, accomplishments and problem areas to management. Maintains current monitoring and maintenance records for refinery-wide LDAR/BWON activities.
- Coordinate with Operation and Maintenance departments on issues of program compliance and resolution of problems/barriers to completing tasks per regulatory requirements.
- Prepare regulatory compliance report for review by Environmental Superintendent.
- Prepare and issue intra-refinery compliance communications.
- Assist in the development and presentation of program training materials for refinery personnel.
- Conduct routine QA/QC audits of field activities, database records and other required documentation. Refer any irregularities to the Environmental Superintendent for assistance in resolution.
- Participate in biannual third party audits required by the Consent Decree, including supporting the comparative monitoring effort, managing third party field activities, and contributing to the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or related discipline.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs.
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Able to comprehend agency regulations and translate them for implementation purposes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal company contacts, vendors, and contractors.
- Minimum of 2 years of field environmental experience in refining or petrochemical industry. Additional EDUCATION can be substituted.
- Prior experience with the LeakDAS database a plus.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Anacortes || Washington || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 98221 ||