DNV GL is in the middle of a digital transformation, as are the industries we operate in. As part of an initiative to accelerate this process, we will build and scale web and mobile development competence to further develop our digital service portfolio. Join our team to leverage modern web and mobile development capabilities to transform our global services across the maritime, oil and gas, energy, and life science industries. These capabilities include UX design, API ecosystem, E-Commerce, Web Analytic and Microservices using Microsoft Azure, Docker and open web technology stack.
As our Full Stack Developer, you will join a global team that runs a broad range of projects, transforming existing and developing new digital services and tools across all of DNV GL's industries. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about building elegant, customer-facing solutions on any device. You combine a good understanding of the system as a whole, with deep knowledge and experience with key components and tools.
Design of the overall architecture of web- and mobile-based applications.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the applications.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Build and expand our digital customer engagement platform, E-Commerce and API ecosystem.
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of measures to ensure security and data protection.
- Build web analytic competence to understand customers and deliver values.
Technical skills & experience
3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to work on both front-end and back-end of applications
- ASP.Net MVC, .NET, C#
- Good at HTML 5 and CSS (Bootstrap, LESS/SASS)
- Good understanding of object oriented design principles and patterns
- Good understanding of SQL Server and database design
Nice to have:
Experience with Microsoft Azure is a big plus
- Experience with web analytic tools such as Google Analytics is a big plus
- Experience with Microservice and Docker is a big plus
- Experience with one of the following areas will be an advantage:
Agile development methodology such as Scrum
- Distributed system design
Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to give constructive feedback to improve processes and quality
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Bachelor or Master degree in software engineering, scientific, or engineering subject area and a strong scientific or engineering background in addition would be a distinct advantage considering the application domain
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: