DNV GL's Healthcare is the vanguard of quality improvement in the healthcare industry through promoting adoption and ensuring compliance with internationally recognized ISO 9001 quality management and NIAHO accreditation standards. DNV GL is also recognized for our innovative specialty programs, such as Stroke, Hip and Knee and VAD among others. Our teams of highly qualified healthcare professionals work as trusted partners with providers nationwide to ensure the highest quality and safest care.
Find out more about how we have been driving improvement in the healthcare industry at the following link: https://www.dnvgl.com/assurance/healthcare/index.html
The primary function of the Generalist Surveyor is to participate as a member of the NIAHO® hospital survey team ensuring provider compliance with the guidelines, principles and written instructions established by DNV GL. The Generalist Surveyor partners with hospital staff in assessing quality management in non-bedside care related functions (pharmacy, quality management, medical staff credentialing, human resources, ancillary areas such as medical imaging, laboratory, respiratory care, etc.). As a new Surveyor, you will be trained and then partnered with an experienced surveyor as an observer and then a participant. Once you have proven your ability to conduct surveys to DNV GL's standards you will become a fully qualified Generalist Surveyor and team member.
Tasks May Include
Primary survey focus will generally be areas within the organization that do not involve bedside nursing care (pharmacy, quality management, medical staff credentialing, human resources, ancillary areas such as medical imaging, laboratory, respiratory care, etc.)
- Generalists may also have experience in other clinical activities in the healthcare setting and may survey other clinical areas of the hospital as appropriate based upon the qualifications of the survey
- Ensure that the work is performed in accordance with the quality requirements of the activity, and the procedures governing the activity
- Plan and execute surveys, report the results of surveys and follow-up, as required, within agreed timescales and economic budgets
- Where applicable, supervise the work and provide guidance and/or training to other survey team members. Inform DNV GL management if the work cannot be performed within the agreed timeframe, or in accordance with agreed requirements and/or economic guidelines.
- Ensure that the independent nature of the survey is not compromised at any time
- Must successfully complete the ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor Training and the NIAHO℠ Surveyor Training Program
Bachelor's degree in related area or commensurate experience in the healthcare profession, hospital experience preferred such as risk or quality management
- Ability to successfully complete the ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor Training and the NIAHO℠ Surveyor Training Program
- NIAHO ℠ accreditation or ISO 9001 Lead Auditor qualification/training a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites up to 100% of the time
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Willing and able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and manuever through all areas of a hospital from floor to floor either by stairs or elevator
- Willing and able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds in addition to transporting one's own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel with that which is lifted, carried, or transported
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Generalist Surveyor - Healthcare
Nationwide, USA; based in any home office
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invests in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers' organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world's leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: