Requisition ID: 63388
Performs standardized laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials for quality control and process control.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers samples to laboratory. Inspects samples for contamination, homogeneity, and applicability of requested testing. Prepares samples for testing (filtration, dilution, and distribution to other areas of laboratory).
- Conducts tests such as, but not limited to, gas chromatography analysis, octane testing, pH analysis, testing viscosity. Ensures accuracy and precision in compliance with established laboratory protocols. Provides timely and accurate reports on process streams so tighter controls of process variables can be identified and implemented.
- Identifies opportunities for improving laboratory’s performance and efficiency based on standard industry practices. Develops tools (such as reports, worksheets) to improve efficiency of laboratory processes. Uses Statistical Quality (SQC) to monitor and assess precision of critical tests.
- Participates in development and implementation of laboratory protocols. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies’ requirements for measuring fuels’ properties.
- Calibrates analytical instruments/equipment to ensure accuracy. Troubleshoots problems. Establishes preventive maintenance procedures.
- Mentors less experienced technicians. May provide work direction. Conducts refresher training as needed.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
Minimum of 2 years experience as laboratory technician in refining or petrochemical industry.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Anacortes || Washington || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Refinery Operations || 98221 ||