Requisition ID: 66701
A Machinist is required to understand and demonstrate knowledge of safety rules and procedures, process safety hazards, job and refinery rules, procedures and policies and the application and proper use of safety and personal protective equipment. A working knowledge of the various types of process plant equipment and the skills to repair this equipment are important.
- Working knowledge of the basic principles and repair procedures for centrifugal and reciprocating pumps and compressors and various types of gearboxes.
- Knowledge of the application of all types of hand tools, drill presses, and various types of belt, disc and wheel grinders.
- The use of precision measuring tools and equipment is required. Some of these include the wide array of the various types of micrometers and calipers, indicators, height gauges, and proficient in the use of laser alignment equipment desired.
- A strong math background and ability to read blueprints is required. Experience in running overhead cranes, forklifts, and basic rigging principles are essential. A strong desire to work safely at all times is required.
- Knowledge of mechanical drives and systems is required. Hydraulic and pneumatic systems and equipment repair knowledge is desired. Experience in field balancing of rotating equipment preferred.
Work will not be limited to machinist duties. Individual will be required to perform many other duties in the maintenance of an industrial plant.
EDUCATION and Experience
Minimum 2 yr. technical degree, or apprentice completion in millwright trade. NCCER Certification is preferred. Minimum Mill Wright apprentice or equivalent. Qualified in laser alignment, pump mechanic, steam turbine mechanic, compressor mechanic. 5 or more years’ experience preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Mandan || North Dakota || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 58504 ||