Requisition ID: 64181
The Manager, Income Tax position will be responsible for ongoing federal and state income tax projects and initiatives for Tesoro Corporation and its wholly-owned subsidiaries as well as a Publicly Traded Partnership that is managed by Tesoro. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in the preparation and/or review of large consolidated corporate federal income tax and/or partnership returns. The ideal candidate will have excellent tax research skills and the ability to identify potential tax issues surrounding company initiatives.
- Work directly with outside tax advisers in the preparation and review of various income tax reports
- Analyzes the tax implications of changes to current business and identifies opportunities for tax-efficient transactions and/or restructurings
- Researches relevant tax laws and helps defend company against positions taken by tax auditors
- Model and forecast the tax impact of potential transactions to Tesoro and its stakeholders
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the company to build a comprehensive strategy that minimizes overall tax liability
- Prepare and maintain various tax reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Manages special projects that arise in tax department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s Degree in Tax Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 4 years of Big 4 corporate federal income tax experience OR 7 years experience in industry or non-Big 4 public accounting
- Exposure to state income tax concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master Limited Partnership experience a plus
- Fixed Assets experience a plus
- Tax Controversy experience a plus
- Big Four experience a plus
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||