Providing engineering support to inspection and Nondestructive Testing (NDT) activities in all SABIC affiliates including thickness monitoring, Nondestructive Testing (conventional and advanced), internal and external inspections, and general area inspections. He should develop the strategic inspection programs by equipment family or by product/process.
* Support affiliates inspection and Nondestructive Testing (NDT) activities in the construction, maintenance, inspection and safe operation of fixed equipment.
* Technical support of inspection and Nondestructive Testing (NDT) activities, including:
1) Development of repair designs or strategies.
2) Redesign of existing equipment.
3) Identify the correct Nondestructive Testing (NDT) technique.
4) Review, analyze and approve inspection and Nondestructive Testing (NDT) reports.
5) Challenge and qualify vendors.
6) Apply Quality Assurance and quality Control (QA/ QC) practices
7) Identifying improvement opportunities through internal and external networks.
* Support inspection in typical areas including:
1) Metallic and non-metallic selection
2) Paints, coatings and insulation
3) Damage Mechanisms
4) Failure analysis
5) Evaluation of existing equipment for current and new service conditions
* Mechanical engineering with a basic understanding of the mechanical engineering fundamentals including heat transfer, refractory, fluid dynamics, combustion, thermodynamics, statics, materials, and strength of materials.
* Level 3 in American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) certified in all six conventional Nondestructive Testing (NDT) techniques.
* Certified in API 510, 570 571 and 653. In addition, knowledgeable of API 579.
* General knowledge of all applicable codes and standards and interpret and apply these codes/standards to fixed equipment.
* Understanding of the materials degradation mechanisms, the Fixed Equipment Quality Assurance System.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.