Scopus, part of WorleyParsons, require an Instrument Designer to be based in our Westhill office for an initial period of 4 weeks.
Purpose / Role
* Work under the supervision of Senior Designers to ensure that asset or project discipline draughting activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity.
Key aims and objectives
* Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
* Prepare instrument drawings and designs to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel.
Prime responsibilities and duties
* Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract.
* Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
* Carry out work in accordance with WorleyParsons and Project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
* Maintain the required technical quality of work.
* Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process.
* Carry out designs in line with relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
* Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
* Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
* Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary.
* Encourage and provide lateral learning within the discipline.
* Carry out site visits where necessary
* ONC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
* HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject is desirable
* Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
* Aware of and able to use codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation as applicable to draughting function
* Aware of and able to use company and client draughting standards and specification
* Aware of company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function
* Able to create base design drawings / models from agreed workscope with minimal guidance
* Computer literate (database / spreadsheets)
* Ability to accept delegated responsibility for designated tasks
* Determination to gain experience and progress to next level
* Capable of directing activities of draughtsperson
* Able to communicate clearly with engineering personnel
* Able to contribute to group / discipline objectives applicable to draughting function