Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Oil & Gas, Region Americas Pipeline Services Department
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Oil & Gas Region Americas is seeking an Engineering Inter to join our O&G Corrosion Control team, Pipeline Services. This position is based out of our Dublin, OH office.
Tasks May Include
- Provide a variety of project-related support including:
- Modeling corrosion processes including corrosion fatigue
- Data analysis, visualization and formatting
- Statistical and probabilistic simulation
- Follow Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) requirements as described in NA SHE Management System operating procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a graduate degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related programs
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting preferred
- 0-1 years of experience
- Competence with Microsoft Office required, any additional experience with analytical tools and CAD is a plus.
- Programming expertise desirable, particularly in R or similar
- Any additional experience with data analytics tools is a plus
- Goals: The employee makes every effort to meet goals and communicate with management on progress or if coaching or corrective action needed
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to be ready to start work at the scheduled time and has acceptable level of unscheduled absences
- Reliability and Quality: Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious of priority and urgency of all areas and assignments
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
- Teamwork: The employee works effectively and professionally within the team to maintain constructive working relationships and meet the team goals
- Lifting Yes No __5_% Number of Pounds: up to 25
- Standing Yes No __5_% Number of Hours: 1
- Climbing Yes No _____% Description:
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: