Requisition ID: 66141
Manage and coordinate risk-based audit and consulting engagements across a portfolio of financial, operational, and strategic projects. Manage audits from scoping through execution of fieldwork, and reporting of results to frontline management. Ensure processes under audit are completed in compliance with any applicable Company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Oversee the day-to-day work of staff and senior auditors, as well as make sure audit work is completed on time and within budget. Partner with the business and build relationships in areas of your subject matter expertise and audit responsibilities.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, theories, auditing standards, and related risk and control frameworks. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes subject to audit. Fosters and maintains relationships with clients to facilitate audit execution. Initiates discussions with clients to further understanding of business unit and identify potential areas of audit impact. Initiates communication of work status to audit clients and results of work performed to Internal Audit team members and management. Assists in the development of the Internal Audit Plan, including attending meetings with functional business unit leadership and participating in the maintenance of the Audit Universe.
- Coordinates engagement team planning efforts with minimal oversight, providing relevant risk knowledge. Conducts client interviews to enhance understanding of business unit and processes subject to audit. Assigns research areas and planning documents to audit staff as appropriate. Ensures preparation of planning documents and reviews for completeness and accuracy prior to management review. Prepares or assists in preparing work programs based on completed risk activities.
- Performs work on complex or high risk audit areas as assigned. Reviews work papers as completed by staff, validating exceptions and the feasibility of suggested resolutions. Coordinates and leads audit opening and closing conferences.
- Documents work performed to support observations and conclusions utilizing established documentation protocol. Initiates discussion of exceptions with Management and audit client. Prepares and/or reviews exception summary. Prepares and/or reviews draft of audit reports and management letters.
- Provides field supervision to engagement audit staff to ensure completion of assigned audit areas. Provides real-time feedback and coaching to audit staff. Prepares staff project evaluation and participates in mid-year and year-end staff performance discussions. Responds accordingly to supervisor review and feedback. Ensures projects are completed within budget and on time. Coordinates with Internal Audit Management to schedule appropriate audit staff to audit assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business, accounting or related field typically required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred, or eligible to obtain accreditation.
- Minimum 4 years of audit experience required; public accounting experience preferred, internal audit or combination thereof will also be considered.
- Ability to present information to technical and non-technical audiences.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SC-2 || |Accounting & Finance; Other Corporate Functions || 78259 ||