DNV GL - Energy; Sustainability Finance group is seeking an Invoice Specialist/Financial Administrator to join our Finance team. The Invoice Specialist/Financial Administrator supports the Project controllers in project admin like invoicing and other project updates in financial systems. This position is based out of our Oakland, CA office.
Tasks May Include
- Raising tier 1 (fast track project) and 2 (simplified project) invoices, update project data & IORA's
- Efficiently administer financial processes like invoicing and project updates
- Pro-active signaling of outstanding debts
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final invoice
- Issue invoices and send them to customers through various channels (mail, email, etc)
- Follow up on escalation from credit collection
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding invoices
- Report on activity to upper management
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Assist project controller in admin tasks (if applicable), such as suspense clearing and other responsibilities as identified
- Special projects as determined by Finance Manager
High school diploma / secondary level education; further education is a plus
- 2+ years of experience performing project cost accounting duties and in financial reporting roles is preferred
- Good organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office (especially Excel); working knowledge of relevant software (Oracle) is preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant software (Oracle) is preferred
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: