Lead Auditor - Automotive Quality Management Systems - ISO / TS 16949 (IATF)
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL Business Assurance North America is seeking a Lead Auditor to work in our Automotive division. As independent, third-party, auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to guarantee the quality of their products.
Our ISO / TS 16949 Auditors certify quality management systems for all manufacturers in the automotive supply chain worldwide - for cars, their parts, components or systems. Our auditors are generally based remotely allowing them to work independently as they travel to client sites while receiving a full complement of administrative support from our central office in Katy, TX.
We are a leading provider of accredited management systems and product compliance certification. We offer a broad portfolio of services across a variety of disciplines and industries. ISO/TS 16949 is part of our Management Systems Certification (MSC) department which provides 3rd-party quality management certification to clients in the automotive sector.
Tasks May Include
- Performs 3rd-party ISO / TS 16949 audits for North America customers
- Document and report audit activities and results
- Interact directly with clients at all levels of management in developing timely, complete, and accurate report of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with clients
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of client corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursue advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Current IATF Lead Auditor certification for ISO / TS 16949 required
- Priority treatment will be given to those candidates that upload a copy of their IATF certificate to their applicant profile
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Lead Auditor required
- Willingness and ability to travel 100%, both domestically and internationally
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Presentation skills and expertise
- Works well in a team environment or as a team of one
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers' organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world's leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: