SQF Lead Auditor
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL Business Assurance North America's Food and Beverage Division partners with clients to assure quality and safety throughout the supply chain through certification, verification, training and assessment activities. As independent third party auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to provide the highest quality products. Our auditors perform 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers. The SQF Auditor focuses primarily on clients requiring the SQF certification but also may conduct other audits according to their individual qualifications.
Food and Beverage auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain.
Tasks May Include
- Performs 3rd party SQF certification audits for US and Canada F&B customers
- Performs 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Bachelor Degree in a Life Science required
- 5+ years of experience in the Food & Beverage industry required
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- SQF Lead Auditor Certificate required
- Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs in addition to transporting one's own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel with that which is lifted, carried, or transported.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to read/interpret audit protocols and work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to audiences of varying size, seniority and technical competency
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers' organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world's leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: