This role is a key technical support function underpinning the accredited certification work undertaken by DNV GL Business Assurance in the UK. The role combines Lead Auditor and Technical Support activities and the role sits within the UK Audit Resource Team.
The Lead Auditor (Technical Support) role is a critical one in supporting the range of technical accreditation requirements for certification and assessment work undertaken in the UK, principally under the range of UKAS accreditations held by DNV GL. It also involves a significant proportion of audit work with DNV GL clients, across a range of key certification standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and other specific and sector schemes.
The Lead Auditor (Technical Support) role involves extensive cooperation and liaison with the business development, operational and technical groups within DNV GL Business Assurance in the UK.
The role will be based in our London office, but there will also be a requirement to travel extensively in the UK and occasionally overseas for the client-related audit work. A company car will be provided for the role.
Carrying out Technical Support activities based in our London office, including:
- Review of audit reports and associated documentation for approval of certificate issue.
- Providing support to technical aspects of quotations and other commercial offerings.
- Reviewing and approving auditor competencies and technical areas of activity.
- Supporting internal audit, auditor witnessing and UKAS audit activities.
- Managing internal and external communications on technical matters.
Carrying out Lead Auditor activities, including:
- Conducting all aspects of client audits for accredited certification against approved schemes.
- Planning, preparation and management of client audit activities.
- Using all relevant certification databases and software applications for audit activities.
- Maintaining and developing own technical competencies and skills for audit activities.
- Effective Technical Support fulfilling DNV GL UK performance objectives.
- Effective support to Head Office and auditors with technical support on sales, audit and accreditation issues.
- Performing effective audits with clients and managing client relationships and portfolio of clients.
Technical/ Professional Expertise and Qualifications required:
Lead Auditor or potential as Lead Auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (minimum two out of three schemes and ability to acquire third scheme).
- Good experience across range of industries in management systems, processes and practices.
- Experience of engagement with higher level management in organisations.
- Have a strong technical qualification relevant to HSEQ field(S).
- Have proven ongoing qualifications and acquisition of further qualifications and training.
- Have good knowledge of accreditation requirements and the structure of accredited certification.
Ability to effectively cooperate and deal with wide range of internal and external relationships.
- Have a strong motivation for knowledge and personal development.
- Be able to work both independently and in teams both internally and externally.
- Have a high level of attention to detail, meticulous but pragmatic processes and organisational skills.
- Be interested in people, be a good listener, be diplomatic, be assertive.
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers' organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world's leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: