Aker Solutions are looking for talented & experienced individuals who can strengthen their team and support ambitious growth plans within the renewables market.
We are looking for Lead Electrical Technicians for potential upcoming work to be based offshore Germany.
- Manage and supervise the maintenance work of all technicians with core electrical skills for onshore and offshore HVDC converter stations
- Perform maintenance and breakdown rectification on electrical equipment up to 20kV including transformers and switchgear.
- Manage and control the activities of all work that falls within their discipline scope.
- Ensure work defined by the plan is executed and technician information sheets are reported back to the technical clerk.
- Manage vendors working in the discipline scope visiting the platform on behalf of the company
- Supervise electrical planned, preventative and corrective maintenance. Manage all electrical work scopes within the structured maintenance work preparation, scheduling & execution process
- Ensure all electrical work scopes are identified and prepared in advance and that defects are reviewed and prioritised in a timely manner
- Ensure all electrical work scopes are fully prepared and estimated to the highest standard so robust & efficient schedules can be achieved
- Ensure all work scopes are executed in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure value adding technical history is entered and after action reviews take place for all completed work scopes to ensure PM is optimized and mitigates against potential failures
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Electrician (with evidence of industry recognised qualifications and training)
- Trained and compliant to DIN-VDE-0105-0100 Operation of Electrical Installation – General Requirements
- Demonstrable experience including offshore/onshore electrical maintenance and breakdown rectification in Germany
- HV experience (minimum 20kVAC distribution)
- Permit to Work Training
- Familiar with SAP data processing system with regards to maintenance implementation
- Fluent in written English & German language
- Emergency response role experience (preferred)
- Basic offshore survival, emergency training & GWO training (preferred)
- Electrical equipment in hazardous area training (preferred)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.