Aker Solutions are looking for talented & experienced individuals who can strengthen their team and support ambitious growth plans within the renewables market.
We are looking for Lead Mechanical Technicians for potential upcoming work to be based offshore Germany.
- Manage and supervise the maintenance work of all Technicians with core Mechanical skills for onshore and offshore HVDC converter stations
- Manage and control the activities of any fabric maintenance work which falls within their scope
- Fault finding and associated remedial work
- Create technical reports of work carried out for submission to client
- Ensure the work defined by the plan is executed and technician information sheets are reported back to the technical clerk
- Manage vendors working in the discipline scope visiting the platform/stations on behalf of the company
- Supervise mechanical planned, preventative and corrective maintenance. Manage all mechanical work scopes within the structured maintenance work preparation, scheduling & execution process
- Ensure mechanical work scopes are identified and prepared in advance and that defects are reviewed and prioritised in a timely manner
- Ensure mechanical work scopes are estimated to the highest standard to ensure robust & efficient schedules can be built
- Ensure all work scopes are executed in a safe and efficient manner
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Mechanical Technician (with evidence of industry recognised qualifications and training)
- Demonstrable experience including offshore and onshore mechanical maintenance in Germany
- Familiar with SAP data processing system with regards to maintenance implementation
- Proven supervisory experience
- Fluent in written English & German language
- Permit to work training
- Competent in the use of P&IDs and D&IDs
- Rotating machines & HVAC equipment
- Emergency response role experience (preferred)
- Basic offshore survival, emergency training & GWO training (preferred)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.