Requisition ID: 59701
Andeavor Digital Workplace is focused on the End User Computing technologies and Collaboration tools that enable employee productivity. By creating single Workplace solutions and integrating them into a universal platform, Andeavor employees will have access to modern solutions that are easier to use, provide real-time communication, deliver digital information and remove geographic boundaries.
This position is responsible for designing, managing and delivering Digital Workplace solutions and will lead a team to transform, design, build and operate cost-effective, standardized and reliable global solutions focused on end user devices (Workstations phones, tablets, etc...), productivity, mobility, collaboration, and communications. This position will address key areas of improvement that will increase alignment between organization initiatives and stewardship of a three to five year plan. Helps drive performance by increasing ability to deliver streamlined, sustainable, and scalable solutions that align with the organization’s growth strategy. Success defined by significant cost reduction, improved end user capabilities, and increased adoption of virtual teaming and work areas.
- Lead the design and delivery of large-scale, complex technology programs with focus on business processes and value; knowledge of technical solutions.
- Develop and apply a deeper understanding of new ways of working and application of user experience principles at the corporate digital workplace level.
- Develop and design architecture and infrastructure roadmaps, implementation strategies and transformation plans focused on the Digital Workplace
- Lead Digital Workplace business case development, ROI and TCO analysis, offering positioning and awareness campaigns
- Drives process improvements though application of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology to various stakeholders, including but not limited to, suppliers and internal customers. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to deliver business improvement strategy, processes, tools, training and metrics.
- Manages and leads assessment to identify opportunities to increase maturity of the IT Shared Services (RUN) organization. Recommends prioritization of focus areas and leads development of action plans.
- Works in partnership with IT & PE and business leaders to drive improvements on user experience with IT services and systems. Works with leaders to help drive standardization of technology and processes and ensures consistency across all lines of business.
- Collaborates with IT Shared Services leadership and individual contributors to improve overall measurement of key processes to ensure the department is delivering best in class services.
- Evaluates and delivers on synergies between the Refining, Logistics, Retail and Corporate support within IT Shared Services. Makes process improvement recommendations to the leadership team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field of study.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in information technology or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing people is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading technology-based projects required.
- Experience in delivery of solutions within corporate and Oil & Gas industry preferred.
- Experience implementing and managing Microsoft Cloud Solutions such as Office 365, SharePoint 2016, Yammer, Skype For Business, Microsoft Teams, etc. on an enterprise scale.
- Experience integrating and managing cross platform strategies around Digital Workplace focused on mobile first.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2; SF:LI-SP-1 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||