Requisition ID: 63961
Analyzes current and future rail requirements to ensure adequate supply of railcars and proper car type. Maintains and optimizes rail asset usage. Manages fleet utilization by tracking use of cars and identifying opportunities to optimize fleet. Oversees the day-to-day operation of Tesoro’s rail movements, monitors rail performance and tracks Key Performance Metrics. Conducts financial analysis to capture and report performance of rail operations. Monitors contract administration to ensure compliance with lease terms and conditions. Develops and maintains rail processes, procedures and contingency plans. Manages rail schedulers and assists with rail deliveries as needed.
- Manages a team of rail professionals to ensure safe, efficient, and economical movement of products by rail. These movements support Tesoro’s refining, commercial, and logistics activities. In addition to product movement logistics, the manager of rail operations oversees utilization of leased railcar fleet, fleet maintenance, leasing and storage agreements, demurrage, detention, switching and track-leasing costs.
- Assures adequate railcar supply and rail infrastructure exist to meet refinery and commercial requirements. Establishes critical link between commercial and refining through collaboration and review of all rail operation plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise and support to internal groups including government affairs and corporate communications for all external rail activities to support and strengthen reputation management. Represents Tesoro at industry trade associations.
- Manages preparation of reports on operational activities and performance-to-targets. Manages rail budget and forecasts rail spend to support commercial activities. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures.
- Monitors rail carriers’ performance to ensure adequate service levels at Andeavor’s rail facilities. Provides third party terminal vetting support for commercial activities. Reviews rail related contracts for clarity and accuracy in support of Tesoro legal and commercial departments.
- Reviews regulatory activity including advisories, alerts, rulemakings, and emergency orders to prepare Tesoro for compliance with all Federal, State, Local, and Carrier regulations. Provides strategic counsel to federal policy team and senior management to develop company position on proposed legislative actions and potential impacts to rail operations.
- Works with Emergency Response and Contingency Planning to develop response plans for all rail activities. Represents rail operations for incident command duty and leads incident response for rail operations.
- Promotes safe rail operations at all Tesoro facilities by providing best practices for rail operations and standardizing rail safety guidelines companywide. Assists with incident investigations and audits as required and supports all EHS&S departments in rail safety.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to lead value chain optimization for all rail operations, ensuring safest, most cost effective and lowest risk transportation of products by rail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ rail industry experience with in-depth knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration regulations, North American railroads and rail operations required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Logistics || 78259 ||