Duration: Long-term contract assignment
Start Date: March 2018
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Discipline engineering lead: manage technical team for the discipline, provides expertise in defining technical requirements and complete design.
- Monitors the proper operation of mechanical equipment.
- Ensures proper maintenance to maximize reliability.
- Oversees the installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Prepares designs, specifications and technical documentation for mechanical engineering projects.
- Designs mechanical equipment by interpreting process design.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers and contractors.
- Performs the evaluation and inspection of mechanical engineering projects to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
- Reviews vendor design and documentation.
- Tests the functionality of mechanical equipment.
- Works with engineering support and equipment providers to address equipment shortfalls; recommends modifications.
- Performs engineering duties; develops, designs, and tests mechanical devices.
- Writes technical reports, handbooks, and bulletins for use by staff or customers.
- Estimates time and cost to complete projects.
- Researches designs and makes recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget, and function.
Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5-9 years of experience in the design of chemical plants and refineries, including furnaces, gas turbines, steam turbine design and thermal and combined cycle power plant system design.
- BS Degree
- P. E License.
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.