Requisition ID: 66061
Provides mechanical reliability engineering support to assure availability of plant assets. Encompasses condition monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, project support and equipment modifications. Supports implementation of reliability engineering practices and programs as well as predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Analyzes operating data for condition monitoring and to determine performance trends. Troubleshoots equipment problems. Conducts root cause analysis as basis for determining targeted corrective actions to reduce/eliminate “bad actors” or chronically underperforming or failure-prone equipment. Identifies value-added opportunities to close performance gaps and improve mean time between repairs (MTBR).
- Promotes safe work environment by providing engineering support to refinery safety programs. Participates in reliability or equipment-related incident investigations. Ensures refinery compliance with Process Safety Management Mechanical Integrity for refinery rotating equipment. Prioritizes action items and follow-up on implementation.
- Documents and maintains reliability databases for assigned assets. Provides reliability data interpretation, analysis and reporting. Develops and calculates reliability metrics as basis for reliability improvements. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions.
- Assesses, designs and implements preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and reliability continuous improvement programs. Advocates benefits of reliability practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Ensures lessons learned, best practices, reliability action items are implemented. Provides reliability technical analysis of proposed equipment modification in capital projects from conceptual stage through commissioning.
- Provides quality assurance, technical support and consistent application of standards and procedures to Maintenance, Operations and Engineering for new and existing rotating equipment installations. Develops repair plans.
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
Experience and EDUCATION
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years mechanical engineering experience in refining industry required.
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications. **
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-RS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||